RW Photos batch process from command line? - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RW Photos batch process from command line?

BossTurbo
on January 18th 2008

Hello,

I was the one that posted about exif info and rotation in picture resizer comments. I checked out the page "Rotate by EXIF tag and resize pictures" for RW Photos, but what I would like to know is if you can control RW Photos from a command prompt. Right now I use a .bat file to do a series of actions, one of which is to queue picture resizer to shrink a ton of recursive images (the other commands just zip em up and upload em to an FTP site).

Like I said, I checked out the page, but I didn't see anything that mentioned command prompt usage. I didn't fully understand everything I saw on that page, but in fairness, I haven't spent a lot of time digesting it either.

So, what my ultimate goal is with the photos is to shrink them, rotate via EXIF info, then toss out all the exif info since it's no longer needed.

Thanks,
-brian

Vlasta
on January 18th 2008

Currently, there is no way to control RW Photos from command line. Both the application and the documentation are incomplete. Though adding a command line support is not difficult and will most probably be implemented in the final version with an interface like this:

RWPhotos.exe your_command.rwbatchop image_to_process1.jpg folder_to_process ...

In any case thanks for the question, it is the purpose of the public beta to find the most useful functions that are missing.

BossTurbo
on January 18th 2008

Thanks for the quick reply. I look forward to the official release of RW photos, in the mean time I will be using Photo Resizer with much delight. I will donate some $$$ here soon too.

Vlasta
on January 19th 2008

Thanks for the support. ...who knows, maybe the final version will be also able to upload the processed images to a web server, but no guarantees here.

BossTurbo
on January 19th 2008

That would be neat, but I don't see it working for me since software never does it right. I have to ZIP all my files up since it would take 4 times as long to do em individually rather than one big file (since it has to start/stop for each file... there is a lot of extra communication needed between the server and client)... I upload 7,000-14,000 photos per week. :-)

If you put in zip functionality + ftp, then I'll be a happy camper, but I'm not really expecting it.

Vlasta
on January 19th 2008

I'll see what can be done about it. I'll contact you if a version with this functionality happens to exist ;-).

Page views: 1894       Posts: 6      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?