Can't find the crop tool - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Can't find the crop tool

RealWorld Paint.Com
Heminate
on May 21st 2009

I would like to crop using RealWorld Paint.com. I can't find the tool!!!

Vlasta
on May 21st 2009

There is no explicit Crop tool in Paint.COM, but you can use Transformation and then right-click and select Crop from context menu.

Heminate
on May 21st 2009

Now I'm really confused. I found the right-click crop from transformation, but apparently there is a crop tool somewhere (perhaps in a different program?) I read about it here: Tool CROP
I would like to try the perspective removal.
Is there another program this help index is referring to?

Vlasta
on May 21st 2009

Yes, a more advanced Crop is in RealWorld Photos. It is an image editor focused on photo retouching, but it is not freeware.

Heminate
on May 21st 2009

OK, that makes sense now. I really like your programs. When I clicked on the help index, it opened the help wiki for realworld photos. I didn't know I was reading a help wiki for a different program. Thanks for your help.

Vlasta
on May 21st 2009

Sorry for the confusion, there is only one wiki for all the programs. A lot of things are shared and all the application evolve. I should probably add application names and versions to each tool or filter in the wiki.

mitch
on August 14th 2009

Would like to add a border around picture to add text in, example

In Concert

how do I do this?

Vlasta
on August 14th 2009

There are several ways, you can extend the image size via the "Canvas size" filter in Image menu and then move the image via the Move tool. There are also other ways, using Remove Empty Border filter or the Crop tool in RW Photos.

Please ask questions unrelated to the original topic in its own thread.

dabbler
on October 16th 2009

I'm new to RW Paint.com and I'm getting pretty frustrated about trying to crop an image.

I can't make enough sense of the descriptions about transformation , perspective, and crop in the Help Wiki. Too much of that wiki is describing the underlying graphics operations library rather than the user interface in Paint.com .

There needs to an explicit crop tool icon.

Vlasta
on October 16th 2009

Well, Paint's primary purpose is painting new pictures. Cropping is not so frequently needed in that case. Selecting a region with the Transform tool, right-clicking and selecting Crop is not that hard.

The wiki is too technical, granted. Though anyone can change it...

If you crop pictures frequently, there is a explicit Crop tool in RW Photos, but that is not freeware.

dabbler
on October 17th 2009

> Selecting a region with the Transform tool, right-clicking and selecting Crop is not that hard.
It's hard for me because I got lost exploring the Transform tool buried in the menus ; Menu Bar » Image » More transformations » Transformation . And, that Transform tool doesn't actually allow you to select a region ; it just allows you to adjust a perspective polygon.

Well, DOH ! I now discover that there is a Transform tool enabled in the default Drawing Tool in the right side panel ... and there is a crop tool in the context menu after drawing a selection box on the image.

Ok, I'll struggle along some more as I learn Paint.com .

Anonymous
on July 15th 2010

I searched a lot in vain for the crop tool only to realize now that RWPaint doesn't have a crop tool. Disgusting!!

Even a sophisticated tool like photoshop has a facility for cropping.

Vlasta
on July 15th 2010

There is a way to crop, read my original answer to the end.

Anonymous
on August 9th 2010

Thanks for all your help.

Anonymous
on August 9th 2010

Vlasta: Thanks for your help.

from Canada

sixλxis
on August 9th 2010

OK, that makes sense now. I really like your programs. When I clicked on the help index, it opened the help wiki for realworld photos. I didn't know I was reading a help wiki for a different program. Thanks for your help.

Updated the wiki to help resolve this.

Anonymous
on October 25th 2011

omg. I just started using this app and love it...having used PSP, Paint.NET for years, I'm already pretty much a fan.

Crop was a little un-intuitive (compared with other apps), but now that I know where it is, it makes complete sense. Thanks for everything!

Page views: 4883       Posts: 17      
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons
Select background