Cursor reaction upon mouse-click - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Cursor reaction upon mouse-click

Read more for details.
Anonymous
on February 12th 2010

heyy, lately ive been trying to get my cursor to flash whin i click but i havent been able to, how can i do this?

sixλxis
on February 19th 2010

As is explained throughout the site, the operation of making the mouse animate on mouse click (i assume every mouse click) is impossible with RW-Cursor editor. You would require a shareware(not free) copy of Cursor XP which will monitor your mouse movement and will react upon mouse-click, hover over or working periods.

If you look around you might be able to find an illegal copy but were not warez so i cant divulge information leading to the illegal files. But yeah if you really want to spend your money on software you will probably not use again, then that's fine.

Im pinning this topic because everyone NEEDS to know about this. this has been asked quite a lot.

sixλxis
on March 3rd 2010

These are the system requirements for Cursor XP found at http://www.stardock.com/products/cursorfx/

System Requirements

• Windows7/Windows XP/Vista
  • 100MB free drive space
  • 512MB RAM
  • Impulse must be installed in order to download and update software.

CursorXP costs $19.95 USD

Anonymous
on November 21st 2010

I HAVE CURSOR XP!

COOL :-)

Anonymous
on November 25th 2010

i have heard of a program called i touch which gives you an effect on mouse click but its not too good

Anonymous
on December 26th 2010

those cursors the stardock cursors make it able to click

Mr.BS
on May 26th 2011

darnn

Modern-Clix
on June 23rd 2011

Could this function be integrated into the javascript of the cursor. I understand you can add filters to a cursor frame though Java, but nothing to the cursor entirely. Maybe if you add the ability to edit javascript to the whole cursor, we could add effects on mouse click. Possibly display a different cursor during the duration of the click.
(e.g. Open hand cursor. Click and hold; cursor turns into a closed hand.)
Maybe this process is more complex than I assume it is, but if there is a possibility, please try to make this into a new version of RW cursor editor.

Vlasta
on June 23rd 2011

The editor is not the limiting factor here. Windows is. The standard .cur and .ani file formats do not allow any kind of interactivity.

Modern-Clix
on June 23rd 2011

It's too bad, you can do so much stuff with javascript cursors on webpages, but nearly nothing with the computer's cursor. Hmph, oh well.

jojois74
on July 4th 2011

Right, rather than in the editor, you can just use JavaScript in the webpage so when you click, it changes the cursor (for this you need two different cursor files).

jojois74
on July 4th 2011

Here is how: Make two HTML classes, and with CSS, assign a cursor to each of them. Then make sure that every element (along with the body) in your HTML document has a class of the cursor you want to start out on, and an onmousedown that changes the class, and an onmouseup that changes the class back.

11 replies were left out.

Dark_Samus
on January 28th 2021

If you are master in C++ or C then it is possible by tweaking some system file.

Anonymous
on August 28th 2021

Yeah, the same problem I've been facing too...

Nick976l
on May 4th 2022

I cant post cursors anymore what the heck

Anonymous
on September 7th 2022

MN,vcs sabem como instalar o EDITOR RW-CURSOR NO ANDROIDE?

NO_INFO_
on October 23rd 2022

bro how tf were you going to do it on android?

eeveelover64
on October 24th 2022

yeah, like wtf that makes no sense

cursorer gorkem
on December 7th 2022

i have 500mb ram and my cursor suck who can help me?

eeveelover64
on December 7th 2022

yeah, no 500 mb of ram is ABYSMAL in today's standards! you bess buy a new pc

cod3breaker12
on January 26th 2023

I didn't even know computers could have under a gigabyte of ram today. Jesus. What do you even do on your computer that could *possibly* use under 500 MB of your memory??

eeveelover64
on January 26th 2023

prolly using an old computer

nibbler
on April 12th 2023

PS to sixaxis's advice:

If you don't want to pay money for a simple cursor editor, use AniFX instead: Link

PortableApps is absolutely Malware-free. There are no bundlers in the installation, just the app you need.

or Inkscape if you're fancy.

Anonymous
on May 9th 2023

Step 1: Open the mouse cursor options. Click the Settings menu and choose Preferences.

Step 2: Enable the cursor. Select Show cursor on recording.

Step 3: Highlight cursor actions (optional) To make the cursor visible even better, you can highlight it or enable a special effect for clicks.

Page views: 19211       Posts: 35      
You cannot reply to this topic.
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...
Select background