Posting Restrictions - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Posting Restrictions

What are they?
JDDellGuy
on February 24th 2010

I have noticed a few cursors/cursor sets that have material that is not so "family friendly." Are there posting restrictions as far as what can and cannot be uploaded? If there are, it would be nice for a set of rules to be posted on the site and upload pages. In addition, if such rules exist, could we have a "report" button added to uploaded material?

Vlasta
on February 24th 2010

Well, no rules were needed so far. Right now, basically anything legal is allowed. This means stolen material and hateful material is not allowed.

I'll think about restricting adult content, but I am not think anything currently on the site can cause harm to anyone.

sixλxis
on February 25th 2010

Or maybe a "flag this as offensive/innapropriate" button.

in order for such a button to not be misused, a part of the site monitors each users flag status. if a user has flagged too many non-offensive icons/cursors then they will no longer be able to use the flag button.

When an icon/cursor is offensive or inapropriate, when a user attempts to view and download it, a dialog will appear asking them "Are you of a suitable age to be viewing such a submission?"

Also a good way to find trolls and such. ;-)

Page views: 2269       Posts: 3      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...