Uploading Cursors - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Uploading Cursors

and Removing them
Zero
on April 3rd 2010

Hey guys, I can't quite figure out how to upload a cursor. Sometimes it says it uploaded it, but I can never find it in the library. Other times it says something was invalid.
Any and all help would be appreciated.

sixλxis
on April 3rd 2010

TO UPLOAD

In the program there is an orange button called "Add to online library". just hit that and you'll figure the rest out.

To ensure the cursors get here, you must have an internet connection.

Vlasta
on April 4th 2010

Errors may occur.

There are also some filters. For example too many people opened the sample RWxxx.cur files and uploaded them. And so names like RWArrow.cur are not disabled.

winger
on April 18th 2010

How do you change a cursor set you've uploaded? There's a MODIFY option, but I can't figure out how to reupload cursors without making a whole new set.
thanks.

Vlasta
on April 18th 2010

When an updated cursor is uploaded and you click on Modify, you can remove the old cursor from the set and add the new one. The removed cursor will go to the junkyard and will be deleted by admins later.

winger
on April 25th 2010

Thanks a million. Got it working. Two more upload questions, since you were kind enough to respond so promptly:

1. What's the deal with the junkyard? Is it garbage or can you really upload to it directly? And how do admins know what to erase? I sure would like to erase some of mine I accidentally got in there--I guess when modifying as you describe.

2. How do you remove cursors from your "cursor set" pool when you don't want to load them in a set. I have some I removed from sets when I modified that I don't seem to have a delete option for.

Thanks again for your response!

winger
on May 10th 2010

Never mind, I figured out how to delete! In profiles, the last bulleted option at the top "Delete icons and cursors not included in any set." Doh. = )

Vlasta
on May 10th 2010

It is a new feature. It has been there for the last few days.

winger
on June 6th 2010

When I try to delete my unwanted cursors not in any set, nothing happens. It says "deleting" but they stick around like leeches. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Vlasta
on June 6th 2010

Try logging out and in again. If that does not help, let me know in this topic.

winger
on June 13th 2010

I still can't erase. It says "deleting" but then nothing.
Thanks!

sixλxis
on August 16th 2010

I have the same problem. Also, i'm not sure if the "Junkyard" was the best thing to call it.

sixλxis
on September 17th 2010

This problem has officially been fixed so you may delete the stuff you no longer want anymore.

Page views: 13662       Posts: 13      
You cannot reply to this topic.
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
Select background