Very big Cursor (256x256 or bigger) not big enough in Windows - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Very big Cursor (256x256 or bigger) not big enough in Windows

Anonymous
on April 6th 2010

Hi!

I would like to make very big cursors for a family which are handicapped with their eyes, and are friends of mine.
The problem is, when i for example make a big cursor 256x256 or bigger in Windows 7 or any Windows it is still not very big. For me it seems its resized to maybe 128x128.
How can I make really (extrem) big cursors with your Cursor Editor?

Thanks a lot. Your Software is wonderful.

Grettings
Rain

Vlasta
on April 6th 2010

The problem is in Windows. You can make a big cursor, but Windows will scale it down to standard size before it is displayed.

Try CursorFX, it will allow you to replace the part of Windows that displays the cursor and it will not scale it down.

Anonymous
on April 6th 2010

Thanks!

I tried cursor FX, but only in the full version there is an option to make cursors bigger.

i only need this feature and 1 cursor nothing more. I only want 1 big red cursor, not even animated. For that its much too expensive i think. And i need it for 2 computer and their laptop at home.

Vlasta
on April 6th 2010

Every useful feature is paid, hm....

I know of no other software that can display larger cursors. In Windows 7, you can have slightly larger cursors (48x48 pixels) if you change your DPI settings to 150% (144 DPI). Maybe that would be enough for you - try creating a 48x48 cursor in the editor and set you DPI before using it.

sixλxis
on April 6th 2010

you could get Cursor FX illegally... but i cant divulge information leading to a copy.

Anonymous
on August 18th 2011

ok

Page views: 4216       Posts: 6      
Vista & Win 7 icons
What about ICL files?
I wish there were...