RW Paint Auto palette creation - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

RW Paint Auto palette creation

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

I had no idea where to put this, sorry. I was wondering if there was a way to create a palette of all colors in an image, and if there is how to use it.

Vlasta
on October 5th 2012

There is no such function. Why would you need something like this?

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

I play this game called elona. It allows you to create a custom npc with your own sprite, so i was wondering if i could get the colors from the original sprites to make it look more like the colors in the game already. I try making my own char with colors of my choice, but it never really fits in.

Vlasta
on October 5th 2012

Then I would recommend to open a reference picture and then switch for example to the Pencil tool and then if you hold down the CTRL key and click on a pixel, its color will be activated and now you can draw with that color. That should be a good start.

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

I started with that and made my own palette. I saved it, but when I try and load it, it gives and error message.

Vlasta
on October 5th 2012

Oooops, you are right, that can happen - there is a nasty error in the loading function. I know that it is annoying, but you can fix it by opening the file in notepad and adding space at the end of the file. (The error causes files with odd length to not be accepted.)

Also, the colors won't disappear when you turn the application off and on again, so maybe you don't even need to save the palette.

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

Ok, thanks!

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

Sorry to post again, but when I tried what you said, it still gave me this
---------
RealWorld Paint
---------
The attempted operation failed with error code 0x80004005. Please verify that there is enough free memory and that the configuration of the operation is correct.
---------
OK
---------

Vlasta
on October 5th 2012

Can you verify that the size of the file is even after the correction?

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

by *even*, do you mean in lines or bytes?

Anonymous
on October 5th 2012

I got it working, and from what I did I'm assuming you meant in bytes. Thanks, I'll have to make sure I remember that!

Page views: 1123       Posts: 11      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?