Cursors for the Visually Impaired - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Cursors for the Visually Impaired

Where can I find large, simple, plain pointers that are bigger than standard?
Anonymous
on December 21st 2012

Hi People, hoping someone can help me.

I'm severely visually impaired: I used to have a set of large cursors in the Cursor folder, they might have been a default package, but had to get XP reinstalled and they ain't there now.

I'm having to stand up and lean close to the screen, nose almost on it, to enlarge a box, for eg, because I can't see the cursor any other way - and I'm using a 42" TV as a monitor.

Can anyone point me to anywhere where I might be able to find a set of cursors? just like Windows standard, but a whole lot bigger! They don't have to be animated: as far as I'm concerned, the simpler the better. I prefer white cursors because I have to have to use Word with the optional dark blue bagkground.

If anyone can help to point me in the right direction, I'd be very grateful

Thanks

Frances

Anonymous
on December 21st 2012

PS in case I didn't make it plain, I'm using XP

Frances

Vlasta
on December 22nd 2012

XP should come with larger versions of the standard cursors by default. But there is still a 32x32 pixels limit. The larger normal arrow should be called arrow_l.cur

If you need even larger cursors, you will have to install CursorFX and get a cursor package for it or use Windows 7 and set it to 144 DPI - then your cursors will be 48x48 pixels.

Anonymous
on December 22nd 2012

Thanks Vlasta. I've just looked, my cursor list goes from "appstart" to "banana" - I can only assume that the "expert" who reinstalled XP for me did the "speed install"

But now you've given me the name of one of the curosrs, I can try searching for that, and with luck, find the others as well.

Vlasta
on December 22nd 2012

If you don't have the cursors installed, you may try looking for large cursors in the library. For example these seem to be bigger than the average ones.

Page views: 2606       Posts: 5      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?