Handwrite Cursor - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Handwrite Cursor

How often is the Handwrite cursor used? Just a casual survey...
Censor_Not
on March 13th 2017

How popular is the handwrite cursor? I never use it. Do you? Just an informal survey of popularity. Thanks

cdl
on March 21st 2017

It has a purpose and makes for a complete set.
It is better to include it in a set so that it is available when needed.

I'm not sure if I have ever needed to use it.
It is possible that I failed to notice the cursor change when it was employed for a task. I tend to focus more on the task than the cursor most times.

I think so long as there is a use for the cursor it should be included in a complete set. Other people may use/need it.

Have you seen this thread from 2012-13: http://www.rw-designer.com/forum/2390

icon-image/8424-32x32x32.png image

Censor_Not
on April 17th 2017

Oh, thanks. I read it is/was used with tablet input. Also, it may be used more in windows 10, allegedly. I've never used alternate that I know of. I know it's always good to have a complete set. I just thought it was funny that nobody seems to use handwrite and/or alternate. :-)

highmystica
on April 19th 2017

Crazy rare. I can't remember any programs that use the window's pens over the ones they came with internally since before 2000.

Alt select and prec select are also rare. Alt select was used in free cell might still be (I don't play it). Personally, I always felt that alt should have been a hand it would have been overall much more useful. Prec select ... older art programs like ray tracers or fractal generators that you don't actually draw in. No one skips that one though. There can't be any nerds around here that are using such older programs ... can there? Looks around fearfully! lol.

Page views: 1718       Posts: 4      
Select background
I wish there were...
Vista & Win 7 icons