Website Redesignation Ideas - RealWorld forums

Log-in or register.

Website Redesignation Ideas

Would you like to make this site secure?
nibbler
on September 21st 2016

Post here if you would like a suggestion for redesigning this website. Here are some examples:

Software

Use these images for showing software for installing:
RW2010beta8/teaser.png image

Icon Assembler

Make your own icon assembler online.

Gallery

More icons...

Add a link to create an icon set.

More cursors...

Add a link to create a cursor set.

Icons

Junkyard

Add comments and ratings to junkyard icons.

Cursors

Junkyard

Add comments and ratings to junkyard cursors.

Help

Comments

Add a dropdown list for types of problems on comments.

Forum

Comments

Add a reply button to the comments for more conversations.

People

Users

Show a counter of how many users are registered on this website. Show a counter of how many users are active.

Comments

Add an add attachment button to allow users to add documents, presentations, sheets, pictures, etc. to the comments and replies.

Replies

Add a reply button to the comments for more conversations (this is similar to Facebook).

cdl
on September 22nd 2016

Redesignation?

Make this site secure?

What exactly are you talking about?

nibbler
on September 22nd 2016

We're trying to make this site a safe place by making it secure and redesigning this site. When you check the website information in the URL textbox, it will say that the connection is not secure.

Here are some more ideas.

Help

Comments

Add a reply button to the comments for more conversations

Forum

Attachments

Add an add attachments button to allow users to add documents, presentations, sheets, pictures, etc. to the comments and replies.

Comments

Spamming

When people spam or curse on comments, the comments will say [Content Deleted].

cdl
on September 23rd 2016

Who exactly is ”we”?

I only see you posting in this thread.

You are not the website administer and have no authority to make the assertion that you are making plans to change anything in RealWorld Graphics.

Nothing you have mentioned would increase the security of any website.

You do not have enough technical knowledge to be discussing such a matter in the first place.

nibbler
on September 23rd 2016

We is referring to the contributing users, the gallery moderator, the forum manager, and the site administrators. I did not know that I don't have permission to make these plans up, but Synthcro made a blog entry for site improvement ideas:
http://www.rw-designer.com/entry/958

cdl
on September 23rd 2016

So you have discussed this matter with contributing users, the gallery moderator, the forum moderator, and the website administrator and all of them are in agreement with you and are allowing you to speak for them?

I am a contributing user. I do not agree with you and you do not have permission to speak for me.
I guess you forgot to ask me.

It is not that you are required to have permission to post suggestions. You do have to have permission to assert that you are acting on behalf of others. You do have to have permission to make plans for a website that does not belong to you.

You are not merely listing improvement ideas or suggestions. You are implying that you have special permission to make changes to this website and speak for others that manage this website.

nibbler
on September 26th 2016

I now understand. I'll see if Vlasta can delete this forum topic.

cdl
on September 27th 2016

Perhaps you still do not understand.

It is not necessary or you to imply that you are capable of implementing changes in order to suggest changes.

Vlasta does value feedback.

Designation is not the same as designing.

When checking a website's information you may see a statement that the website is not secure. This means that information sent is not encrypted. Only very sensitive private information needs encryption. It does not mean that the website is not safe for general use. It does not mean that this website is not “a safe place“.

nibbler
on October 11th 2016

Umm... Yea, I do understand. I meant to say redesigning.

cdl
on October 12th 2016

That covers one of five points I elaborated on.
Enough on the subject.
I will concede that you should understand by now.

Google is a great place to start when you do not understand something.
Watch out for those typos dude!

icon-image/8311-32x32x32.png image

Anonymous
on November 3rd 2016

WOW! LOL That is unbelievable!! He DID, not "meant to", say "redesigning"??? Nibbler is out of his mind.

cdl
on November 3rd 2016

That may be so.

I do think a dictionary and a little proof reading couldn't hurt.

Page views: 1695       Posts: 12      
Select background
I wish there were...
What about ICL files?